The University Archives, located in Room 1700, contains those publications and records that have historical or research value pertaining to Eastern Illinois University.
- Research assistance and inventory lists are available at the Archives.
- Contact: 217-581-7552 or email@example.com
- Hours: Monday 1-4 p.m.; Tuesday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. However, persons are urged to call before visiting the Archives.
- Archival materials include such items as administrative records, faculty publications, photographs, and EIU memorabilia.
Selected Projects and Collections of Interest
- Archives Collections on LocalitÚs/Localities
LocalitÚs/Localities is a Web-based center for Local History produced by the Eastern Illinois University History Department.
- University Archives Photo Archive
- EIU Warbler at the Illinois Digital Archives
Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD)
The State Archives administers a system of Illinois Regional Archives Depositories (IRAD) to manage the archival records of local governments. The IRAD depository at EIU, located in Room 1700, contains records of historical and genealogical significance from various governmental units in East-central Illinois.
- IRAD materials include such items as vital records, land records, wills, probate records, and jail registers.
- An inventory of the records housed at the other IRAD depositories also is available.
- IRAD, managed by the State Archives in Springfield, operates out of the University Archives.
- Contact: 217-581-6093
- Hours: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1 p.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except state holidays. However, the IRAD depository is staffed by graduate student interns. To avoid disappointment, please call in advance of your visit.