Booth Library | History |
- America: History and Life Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: United States History | Pre-Colonial Era to Present | Canadian History
- Historical Abstracts Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: World History | Excluding the United States and Canada
- 19th Century UK Periodicals Digital Archive: New Readerships Collection
Topics: British Magazines | 1800s | Victorian Life and Culture
- American History in Video
Streaming Video | United States History | Documentaries | Archival Footage | Newsreels | Public Affairs Footage
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Fulltext | Digitized facsimile reproductions of Virtually Every Work Printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America | 1473-1700
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) Text Creation Partnership Open Access
Public domain downloadable text files of 25,000+ titles from EEBO. This is the public release of phase I of the EEBO TCP
- JSTOR Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: Broad Range of Disciplines in the Humanities, Social Sciences & Field Sciences
- Project Muse Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: Literature and Criticism | History | Visual and Performing Arts | Cultural Studies | Education | Political Science | Gender Studies | Social Sciences.
- World History in Video
Streaming Video | Explore Human History | Global in Scope | War | Natural Disasters | Space Exploration | Globalization
Interdisciplinary and Related
- African American Newspapers: The 19th Century
Topics: Fulltext Articles | African-American Newspapers | 1800`s
- American Literature (Oxford Bibliographies)
Oxford Bibliographies in American Literature provides authoritative guidance to recommended titles for the scholarly examination of topics American literature.
- American Memory: Historical Collections for the National Digital Library Open Access
United States history
- American Periodicals Series Online
Topics: American Magazines | 1740`s - Early 1900`s
- Black Thought and Culture
Non-Fiction Writings by Notable African Americans | Includes Previously Unpublished and Fugitive Materials | Date Range from 1700-2006
- British and Irish Literature (Oxford Bibliographies)
Oxford Bibliographies in British and Irish Literature provides authoritative guidance to recommended titles for the scholarly examination of topics in British & Irish literature.
- British Periodicals
Topics: British History and Culture | 1680s to the 1930s
- Chronicling America Open Access
Selected Fulltext Newspaper Pages | California | District of Columbia | Florida | Kentucky | Minnesota | Nebraska | New York | Texas | Utah | Virginia | 1836 to 1922
- Civil War: A Newspaper Perspective
Topics: Fulltext Articles | New York Herald | Charleston Mercury | Richmond Enquirer | November 1, 1860 to April 15, 1865
- Clase and Periodica
Scholarly Articles | Spanish, Portuguese, French, and English Languages | 24 Latin American and Caribbean Countries
- Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies Open Access
A searchable compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies. (Call Number for the print volumes located in the Book Stacks: E464 .A512)
- Digital Image Collections Open Access
Various digital photograph resources either created by or licensed to Booth Library.
- Dissertations and Theses (WorldCat)
Over 8 million records representing all dissertations, theses and published material based on theses and dissertations cataloged in WorldCat.
- English Short-Title Catalog
The English Short-Title Catalog (ESTC) is designed to include a bibliographic record, with holdings, of every surviving copy of books, pamphlets and other ephemeral materials produced in Great Britain or any of its dependencies, in any language, worldwide, from 1473-1800.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
A bibliographic index for libraries, scholars and individuals interested in early European works that relate to the Americas. The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- Godey's Ladys Book
American Magazine Published for Women 1830-1885 | Color Plates | Fashion | Literature | Health and Hygiene | Recipes | Handicrafts
- Harper's Weekly
Fulltext Articles | 1857-1889
- Historical Statistics of the United States : Earliest Times to the Present : Millennial Edition
Published in 2006, this resource provides access to statistical data on American social, behavioral, humanistic, and natural sciences - including economics, government, finance, sociology, demography, education, law, natural resources, climate, religion, international migration and trade.
- Humanities International Complete Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: Authors | Artists | Musicians | Literature & Theater Criticism | Fiction, Short Story, Poetry, Drama Criticism | Photography | Painting | Music | Theater | Graphic Arts | Film | Contemporary Arts | Society & Culture
- Illinois Sanborn Insurance Maps
Insurance Maps of Illinois Towns and Cities from 1867 to 1970 | Placement of Homes and Businesses | Building Sizes and Addresses | Property Boundaries, etc.
- Lexis-Nexis, Academic
Newspapers | Business, Political, Social, Entertainment Topics | Legal Research | Case Law | Law Reviews | Corporate Information
- London Lives 1690-1800 Open Access
London Lives has been designed to facilitate historical research on poverty, crime and illness, and on social conditions, as reflected in institutional records.
- National Archives of the United Kingdom Open Access
1,000 years of British history | Browse popular online collections | Does not include the collections digitised in partnership with commercial publishers.
- New York Times (Historical)
Fulltext Articles | 1851-2010
- Newspaper Library, University of Illinois Open Access
Search for newspaper holdings at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the "World`s Largest University Newspaper Library."
- Old Bailey Online Open Access
The Old Bailey Proceedings Online makes available a fully searchable, digitised collection of all surviving editions of the Old Bailey Proceedings from 1674 to 1913, and of the Ordinary of Newgate's Accounts, 1690 to 1772. It allows access to over 210,000 trials and biographical details of approximately 3,000 men and women executed at Tyburn, free of charge for non-commercial use.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Full-Text Articles | Biographies | British History | Irish History | Earliest Times to Year 2000
- Oxford English Dictionary
English Words | Meaning | History | Pronunciation | Quotations
- Pennsylvania Gazette, 1728-1800
Published in Philadelphia from 1728 through the early 1800`s | Benjamin Franklin`s Newspaper | Firsthand View of Colonial America
- Readers' Guide Retrospective
Index to Popular Magazines | 1890 to 1982 | Some Linked to Fulltext Articles
- Times (London) Digital Archive
Fulltext Articles | 1785-1985
- Voyages: The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database Open Access
Records of 35,000 Slaving Voyages | 1514 to 1866
- Women and Social Movements, Scholar's Edition
History (1600-2000) of U. S. women in social movements | Primary Documents | Online Journal | Notable American Women (1971-2004) |Publications of Federal, State, and Local Commissions on the Status of Women between 1961 and 2005.
- Women Writers Online
English texts by women before 1830. Includes texts by Renaissance Women Writers.