Booth Library | History |
- America: History and Life Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: United States History | Pre-Colonial Era to Present | Canadian History
- Historical Abstracts Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: World History | Excluding the United States and Canada
- 19th Century UK Periodicals Digital Archive: New Readerships Collection
Topics: British Magazines | 1800s | Victorian Life and Culture
- American History in Video
Streaming Video | United States History | Documentaries | Archival Footage | Newsreels | Public Affairs Footage
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Fulltext | Digitized facsimile reproductions of Virtually Every Work Printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America | 1473-1700
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) Text Creation Partnership Open Access
Public domain downloadable text files of 25,000+ titles from EEBO. This is the public release of phase I of the EEBO TCP
- JSTOR Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: Broad Range of Disciplines in the Humanities, Social Sciences & Field Sciences
- Project Muse Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: Literature and Criticism | History | Visual and Performing Arts | Cultural Studies | Education | Political Science | Gender Studies | Social Sciences.
- World History in Video
Streaming Video | Explore Human History | Global in Scope | War | Natural Disasters | Space Exploration | Globalization
Interdisciplinary and Related
- African American Newspapers: The 19th Century
Topics: Fulltext Articles | African-American Newspapers | 1800`s
- American Literature (Oxford Bibliographies)
Oxford Bibliographies in American Literature provides authoritative guidance to recommended titles for the scholarly examination of topics American literature.
- American Periodicals Series Online
Topics: American Magazines | 1740`s - Early 1900`s
- Black Thought and Culture
Non-Fiction Writings by Notable African Americans | Includes Previously Unpublished and Fugitive Materials | Date Range from 1700-2006
- British and Irish Literature (Oxford Bibliographies)
Oxford Bibliographies in British and Irish Literature provides authoritative guidance to recommended titles for the scholarly examination of topics in British & Irish literature.
- British Periodicals
Topics: British History and Culture | 1680s to the 1930s
- Civil War: A Newspaper Perspective
Topics: Fulltext Articles | New York Herald | Charleston Mercury | Richmond Enquirer | November 1, 1860 to April 15, 1865
- Clase and Periodica
Scholarly Articles | Spanish, Portuguese, French, and English Languages | 24 Latin American and Caribbean Countries
- Digital Image Collections Open Access
Various digital photograph resources either created by or licensed to Booth Library.
- Dissertations and Theses (WorldCat)
Over 8 million records representing all dissertations, theses and published material based on theses and dissertations cataloged in WorldCat.
- English Short-Title Catalog
The English Short-Title Catalog (ESTC) is designed to include a bibliographic record, with holdings, of every surviving copy of books, pamphlets and other ephemeral materials produced in Great Britain or any of its dependencies, in any language, worldwide, from 1473-1800.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
A bibliographic index for libraries, scholars and individuals interested in early European works that relate to the Americas. The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- Godey's Ladys Book
American Magazine Published for Women 1830-1885 | Color Plates | Fashion | Literature | Health and Hygiene | Recipes | Handicrafts
- Harper's Weekly
Fulltext Articles | 1857-1889
- Historical Statistics of the United States : Earliest Times to the Present : Millennial Edition
Published in 2006, this resource provides access to statistical data on American social, behavioral, humanistic, and natural sciences - including economics, government, finance, sociology, demography, education, law, natural resources, climate, religion, international migration and trade.
- Humanities International Complete Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Topics: Authors | Artists | Musicians | Literature & Theater Criticism | Fiction, Short Story, Poetry, Drama Criticism | Photography | Painting | Music | Theater | Graphic Arts | Film | Contemporary Arts | Society & Culture
- Illinois Sanborn Insurance Maps
Insurance Maps of Illinois Towns and Cities from 1867 to 1970 | Placement of Homes and Businesses | Building Sizes and Addresses | Property Boundaries, etc.
Newspapers | Business, Political, Social, Entertainment Topics | Legal Research | Case Law | Law Reviews | Corporate Information
- National Archives of the United Kingdom Open Access
1,000 years of British history | Browse popular online collections | Does not include the collections digitised in partnership with commercial publishers.
- New York Times (Historical)
Fulltext Articles | 1851-2010
- Newspaper Library, University of Illinois Open Access
Search for newspaper holdings at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the "World`s Largest University Newspaper Library."
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Full-Text Articles | Biographies | British History | Irish History | Earliest Times to Year 2000
- Oxford English Dictionary
English Words | Meaning | History | Pronunciation | Quotations
- Pennsylvania Gazette, 1728-1800
Published in Philadelphia from 1728 through the early 1800`s | Benjamin Franklin`s Newspaper | Firsthand View of Colonial America
- Readers' Guide Retrospective
Index to Popular Magazines | 1890 to 1982 | Some Linked to Fulltext Articles
- Times (London) Digital Archive
Fulltext Articles | 1785-1985
- Voyages: The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database Open Access
Records of 35,000 Slaving Voyages | 1514 to 1866
- Women and Social Movements, Scholar's Edition
History (1600-2000) of U. S. women in social movements | Primary Documents | Online Journal | Notable American Women (1971-2004) |Publications of Federal, State, and Local Commissions on the Status of Women between 1961 and 2005.
- Women Writers Online
English texts by women before 1830. Includes texts by Renaissance Women Writers.