Booth Library | All |
All Research Guides
- American Psychological Association (APA)
How to cite sources in APA Style
- Citation Styles
A List of resources to different citation styles... APA, MLA, ASA, CMoS (Chicago), CSE...
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
Guide to citing sources in MLA style
- AFR 1000G: Introduction to Africana Studies
- AFR 2000: African American Social Movements
- AFR 2200G: Pan-Africanism
- AFR 2600: African American Men
- ANT3691 Native American Cultures
A guide to library resources to support ANT3691
- BIO 1100 :: Daphnia Lab
Introduction to searching for peer-reviewed, scholarly articles using two general biology databases for the Daphnia laboratory assignment.
- BIO 1150 :: Biology Forum
Use this guide to gain basic library skills to enable you to perform university-level scientific research. Learn about appropriate sources, parts of a scientific article, and available library resources for your biology literature research needs.
- BIO 3120 :: Manuscript assignment
Navigate the biology article databases to find literature for the manuscript assignment for BIO 3120 - Cellular and Molecular Biology.
- BIO 3510 :: Plant Physiology - Writing a Scientific Paper
Search strategies and guidance in using library resources for the Effects of Fertilizer on Growth lab write up.
- BIO 3520 :: Intro to Library Resources for Animal Physiology
Overview of library resources for upper level researchers enrolled in Animal Physiology.
- BIO 3800 :: Locating Ecological Literature
Navigating library resources to find ecology publications, including journal articles (primary literature) and books (secondary literature).
- Business 1000
Links to article databases and journals needed for the EIU Business 1000 course
- CHM 3500/5002 :: Introduction to Chemical Research
- Communications 1310
Research exercise to accompany Dr. Jones 1310 courses
- EDF 2555 :: Adopt a Nation
Describes resources for Adopt-a-Nation Assignment in EDF 2555.
- EIU 4101 :: Spaceship Earth (Dr. Smith)
Finding newspaper articles and scholarly journal articles for Dr. Betty Smith's sections of EIU 4101 seminar "Spaceship Earth." Notes how to find graphs and maps using the article databases.
- ELE 3050 Service Learning by Elementary Students
A guide for ELE3050 students to find articles on service learning by elementary students
- ELE/MLE 4890: ELL/Bilingual Teaching Materials
A guide to English Language Learning and Bilingual Materials found in Booth and in BTC
- Eng 1001 :: Olsen
- ENG 1002: Literary Criticism for Stories, Poems, and Plays
Handout to accompany the ENG 1002 assignment involving research for short literary works (stories, plays, poems)
- FCS 1000::Decades Assignment
A guide to reference books, journals, and online library resources for research on different decades.
- FCS 2270 :: Housing in Foreign Countries
international housing, demographics and descriptions of housing in foreign countries
- FCS 3000 :: Database Combinations
- GEG 1100 :: Cultural Geography (Dr. Smith)
Accompanies the United Nations Millennium Development Goals assignment
- GEG 3775: Urban Geography (Dr. Smith)
A guide to finding scholarly reviews of urban geography books for Dr. Smith's assignment
- GEG 3780: Land Use Planning (Dr. Smith)
Help for The National Monument assignment and the Illinois Environmental Planning Report
- GEG/ESC 3200 :: Human Impacts on the Environment - Research Forum
- HIS 1597G: Human Rights in History
- HIS 2010G: History of the United States to 1877
- HIS 2500 Historical Research and Writing (Elder)
- HIS 2500: Historical Research and Writing (Laughlin-Schultz)
- HIS 2500: Web Resources (Laughlin-Schultz)
- HIS 3140: Ancient Greece
- HIS 3250: African History from 1400
- HIS 3260: Modern Latin America
- HIS 3940 - History of American Journalism
Course guide for History of American Journalism
- HIS 4781: Arab-Israeli Conflict
- HIS 4865: Alexander the Great
- HIS 4980: Vietnam War
- HIS 5110: History Museum Exhibits I
- HIS 5390: The Civil War Era
- HIS 54001: Problems in Human Rights in History
- HIS 54002: Ancient Persia
- HIS 57001: Great War & Its Consequences
- HST 2250 :: Introduction to the Profession
- HST 2700: Marketing for Health Professions
- HST 2800 :: Research Methods
This guide describes how to find peer reviewed articles for the literature review assignment.
- HST 4250 :: Health Program Planning
- HST/CMN 4910 :: Applied Health Communiation
- MGT 4650 : Management Seminar
- PSY4590: Psychological Effects of Religious Practice
A guide to accompany research assignments for PSY4590
- Sociology, an Introduction
supplemental library materials for introductory sociology courses
- TEC 5133 :: Total Quality Management
Course guide for TEC 5133 Total Quality Systems assignment on total quality management.
Subject Area Guides
- American Literature
- Communication Disorders & Sciences
A guide to library resources for communication disorders and sciences.
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
Guide to library resources in computer science.
- Criminal Justice
Guide to library resources in Criminal Justice.
A guide to research in economics at Booth Library. How and where to search for economics books, economics articles, and domestic and international economic data. Economics Bibliographer: Sarah Johnson
- English Literature
- Harlem Renaissance
- History Databases
- History Research Guide
- Hospitality & Tourism
Guide to resources in mathematics at Booth Library
- Music - World Music/ Ethnomusicology
A guide resources and searching for materials related to World Music in Booth Library
- Music Education
- Online Video for School Health and Safety
- Philosophy & Religion
Subject guide for the area of Psychology
- Rural Studies
A research guide to support the Rural Studies minor.
- Theatre Arts: A Selected List of Resources
- African Cinema
Quick guide to library resources in African Cinema
- African History: Resource Guide
- Basal Readers in the BTC
How to find basal readers in the BTC
- Bullying Books in the BTC
A short bibliography of some of the books on bullying found in the BTC
- Career Evaluation, a guide to finding resources
A guide to help students discover information about potential careers.
- Careers assigments
guide to support research for writing assignments about careers and controversial issues.
- Controversial Issues, finding research material
Research on controversial issues
- Cultural Geography
An introduction to library resources in Cultural Geography
- E-Books: A Guide to Different Platforms
Guide to finding and using different E-Books platforms.
- Early English Books Online Text Creation Partnership
Provides information on how to use 25,000+ full text files of Early English Books Online Text Creation Partnership Phase I public release
- Evaluating Websites
A guide to help students determine the accuracy, authority, objectivity, currency, and coverage of websites.
- GIS (Geographic Information System) Resources
Provides library resources for studying GIS, online sources for GIS data, GIS resources available at EIU, and ideas for using GIS in the classroom.
- Government Documents "SuDoc" Classification
Explains "SUperintendent of DOCuments numbers, the classification system by which U.S. Government publications are ordered.Provides examples and links to all federal agency webstes.
- Government Shutdown
A guide to resources in the library and government publications (reports, hearings) about recent and past government shutdowns.
- Guitar for New and Experienced Players
Instructional books, CDs, and DVDs for Guitar in many styles, as well as songbooks and sheet music.
- Health Statistics
- Health Studies Current Awareness via Facebook
- How to Evaluate Your Article Search Results in 5 Minutes
Need to search for magazine or journal articles? This guide provides quick tips on evaluating your search hits and judging whether the articles are appropriate for your topic.
- How to Read a Journal Article
Suggestions for students on how to read and critically evaluate the contents of a scholarly journal article.
- ILTS Content Area and Basic Skills Tests Study Guides
Ways to get to online and print study guides for the ILTS.
- Iranian History: Resource Guide
- Korean History: Resource Guides
- Library Assignment Design to Foster Critical Thinking
The skills necessary to become information literate are analogous to those skills required of someone who employs critical thinking. This guide provides sample information literacy assignments and general guidelines for creating effective library assignme
- Library Resources for Online Students
Describes the library services available for online students.
- Literature Reviews, finding and using them
- Master's Theses @ EIU
Describes how to locate a Master's Thesis written by a graduate of EIU.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook, a guide to its use
- Nursing Theory and Nursing Theorists
- Peer Review :: Is this Article Peer Reviewed?
- Political Science: American National Government
Supplemental materials from Booth library for introductory Political Science courses on American National Government
- Popular Reading at Booth Library
Find a fun book to read with this guide to recreational reading materials at Booth Library.
- Primary and Secondary Sources
A guide to identifying primary and secondary sources for research in a variety of subjects
- Pro Con Arguments: finding both sides of the issue
- Reviews of Popular Books, Movies, and More, how to find
A guide for locating professional book, film, movie, music, and restaurant reviews in library databases and on the web.
- Roman History: Resource Guide
- Statistics Resources
- Surveys: Finding Sample Surveys for Education and the Social Sciences
- Transcultural Nursing
- United States Military History: Resource Guide
- War Bibliography: Selected Books for Young Adults
A short bibliography on war narratives and diaries found in the BTC
- Women in Science and Math - Reading List