Research Guides - All
BASIC HOW TO
- Advanced Searching Tutorial
- APA Style Handout
- ASA Style
- Council of Science Editors Style
- DOI Lookup
A DOI, or Digital Object Identifier is a unique alphanumeric sequence used to identify content (usually a journal article or book) so that a persistent link can be made to its location on the internet.
- E-Books, A guide to different platforms
E-Books come from several different sources including MyMediaMall, Carli eBooks, Ebsco, EBL, Springer, and HathiTrust. This guide explains access to each and some of the functionality of each.
- Find it @ EIU Linking Service
Describes how to use the "Find it @ EIU" link resolver which identifies the availability of articles in electronic full-text or in our print collection within one or two clicks.
- Literature Reviews
Provides a definition of the scholarly literature review and provides examples of how to search for them in Ebsco databases with topics related to Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
Provides a description of the Mental Measurements Yearbook and where to find it in the library. Describes how to use the `MMY`. Provides examples and links from the Buros Test Reviews Online Website, a free resource.
- MLA Style Guide
Provides examples of citations in the Modern language Association (MLA) citation style for commonly used published works.
- Research and Searching Tutorials
- Researching Controversial Issues
- Adopt a Country EDF 2555
- African American Social Movements - AFR 2000
A guide to library resources
- African Cinema
A course guide to AFR3300. Provides reference sources and books on African cinema, database suggestions and strategies for searching.
- African History
- Africana Studies
- African-American Social Movements
- American Literature
- Ancient Greece, HIS 3140
A guide to library resources
- Arab-Israeli Conflict
- BIO 1100 :: Daphnia Lab
- BIO 3120 :: Manuscript assignment
- BIO 3520 :: Intro to Library Resources for Animal Physiology
Overview of library resources for upper level researchers enrolled in Animal Physiology.
- BIO 3800 :: Locating Ecological Literature
- Bullying: A short bibliography of resources from pre-k through professional literature.
- Business 1000
This provides a link to the web site for the Business 1000 classes. Use the tabs at the top to move between the lists of databases and the lists of journals.
- CINAHL: How to Search
- communication Disorders and Sciences :: Finding Library Resources
Guide to searching the library catalog for resources in Communication Disorders and Sciences. Guide to appropriate article databases in Communication Disorders and Sciences. How to find journal articles in the right scholarly databases.
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
A guide to book, journal and reference resources in computer science. How and where to search for computer science research. A guide to software/hardware manuals and instructional resources. Computer Science Bibliographer: Sarah Johnson
- Criminal Justice
- Cultural Geography (Dr.Smith)
Research guide for Dr. Smith`s UN Millennium Development Goals assignment
- Cut & Paste EIU Zine Symposium, spring 2014
Describes the March 5th 2014 Zine Symposium held at Booth Library and provides additional resource links to information about zines and zine culture.
- Decades Assignment
A guide to research in economics at Booth Library. How and where to search for economics books, economics articles, and domestic and international economic data. Economics Bibliographer: Sarah Johnson.
- EIU 4101 :: Spaceship Earth
Guide to resources and a assignment in Dr. Smith`s EIU 4101
- ENG 1002 Literary Criticism Assignment
Guide for students in English 1002 on how to find literary criticism for short stories, poems, and plays.
- English Literature
- Family Resource Management: Suggested Databases
- Finding Basal Readers in the BTC
- GEG 3780 Land Use Planning
Guide to finding research materials for National Monument Assignment and Illinois Environmental Planning assignment.
- GEG/ESC 3200 :: Human Impacts on the Environment - Research Forum
This guide outlines how to find general audience materials using Booth Library resources, as well as how to track down primary sources (in this case, original research articles) referenced in the general audience materials.
- Government Documents: "SuDoc" Classification
A guide to using Superintendent of Documents classification to find government information
- Hospitality and Tourism
- HST 2800: Research Methods
- HST2800 :: Literature Review
- Latin American History
- Master's Thesis written at EIU: How to Find
A guide to book and journal collections and reference resources in mathematics. How and where to research the scholarly mathematics literature. Bibliographer for Mathematics: Sarah Johnson.
- Modern Chinese History
- Modern Iranian History
- Modern Korean History
A guide to sources and techniques for library research in music
- Music Education
A guide to sources and techniques for library research in Music Education
- Muslim Journeys Reading List
- Native American Cultures
A guide to library resources supporting research in Native American Studies, including but not limited to Anthropology 3691 fall 2014.
- Nursing Orientation
- Nursing Theory
- Oceanography - Exploring Topics
- Oceanography - Finding Articles
- Psychological Effects of Religious Practice (PSY4590)
A guide to support the research assignment for PSY4590.
- Renewable Energy
- Roman World
- Special Education
A guide to finding the text of speeches and literature about rhetoric and oratory.
- TEC 5133 :: Total Quality Management
- Theatre Arts
- Transcultural Nursing
- U.S. Civil War and Reconstruction
- U.S. Military History
- Wars in Iraq
- Weather and Climate