Research Guides - All
BASIC HOW TO
- Advanced Searching Tutorial
- APA Style Handout
- ASA Style
- Council of Science Editors Style
- DOI Lookup
A DOI, or Digital Object Identifier is a unique alphanumeric sequence used to identify content (usually a journal article or book) so that a persistent link can be made to its location on the internet.
- Find it @ EIU Linking Service
Describes how to use the "Find it @ EIU" link resolver which identifies the availability of articles in electronic full-text or in our print collection within one or two clicks.
- Literature Reviews
Provides a definition of the scholarly literature review and provides examples of how to search for them in Ebsco databases with topics related to Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
Provides a description of the Mental Measurements Yearbook and where to find it in the library. Describes how to use the `MMY`. Provides examples and links from the Buros Test Reviews Online Website, a free resource.
- MLA Style Handout
- Research and Searching Tutorials
- Researching Controversial Issues
- Adopt a Country EDF 2555
- African American Social Movements - AFR 2000
A guide to library resources
- African History
- Africana Studies
- African-American Social Movements
- American Literature
- Ancient Greece, HIS 3140
A guide to library resources
- Arab-Israeli Conflict
- BIO 1100 :: Daphnia Lab
- BIO 3120 :: Manuscript assignment
- BIO 3520 :: Intro to Library Resources for Animal Physiology
Overview of library resources for upper level researchers enrolled in Animal Physiology.
- BIO 3800 :: Locating Ecological Literature
- Business 1000
This provides a link to the web site for the Business 1000 classes. Use the tabs at the top to move between the lists of databases and the lists of journals.
- CINAHL: How to Search
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
A guide to book, journal and reference resources in computer science. How and where to search for computer science research. A guide to software/hardware manuals and instructional resources. Computer Science Bibliographer: Sarah Johnson
- Criminal Justice
- Cut & Paste EIU Zine Symposium, spring 2014
Describes the March 5th 2014 Zine Symposium held at Booth Library and provides additional resource links to information about zines and zine culture.
- Decades Assignment
A guide to research in economics at Booth Library. How and where to search for economics books, economics articles, and domestic and international economic data. Economics Bibliographer: Sarah Johnson.
- EIU 4101 :: Spaceship Earth
- ENG 1002 Literary Criticism Assignment
Guide for students in English 1002 on how to find literary criticism for short stories, poems, and plays.
- English Literature
- Family Resource Management: Suggested Databases
- Finding Basal Readers in the BTC
- GEG 3780 Land Use Planning
Guide to finding research materials for National Monument Assignment and Illinois Environmental Planning assignment.
- Hospitality and Tourism
- HST 2800: Research Methods
- HST2800 :: Literature Review
- Latin American History
- Master's Thesis written at EIU: How to Find
A guide to book and journal collections and reference resources in mathematics. How and where to research the scholarly mathematics literature. Bibliographer for Mathematics: Sarah Johnson.
- Modern Chinese History
- Modern Iranian History
- Modern Korean History
A guide to sources and techniques for library research in music
- Music Education
A guide to sources and techniques for library research in Music Education
- Muslim Journeys Reading List
- Native American Cultures
A guide to library resources supporting research in Native American Studies, including but not limited to Anthropology 3691 fall 2014.
- Nursing Orientation
- Nursing Theory
- Oceanography - Exploring Topics
- Oceanography - Finding Articles
- Psychological Effects of Religious Practice (PSY4590)
A guide to support the research assignment for PSY4590.
- Renewable Energy
- Roman World
- Special Education
A guide to finding the text of speeches and literature about rhetoric and oratory.
- TEC 5133 :: Total Quality Management
- Theatre Arts
- Transcultural Nursing
- U.S. Civil War and Reconstruction
- U.S. Military History
- Wars in Iraq
- Weather and Climate