- American Institute of Biological Sciences
- American Museum of Natural History
- Biological Sciences Resources
- Biology Links
- Department of Biological Sciences at EIU
- Environmental Contaminants Program
Useful, high-quality information on the effects of environmental contaminants on fish and wildlife provided by the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Freshwater and Marine Image Bank
The Freshwater and Marine Image Bank is an ongoing digital collection of images related to freshwater and marine topics, in all their diversity. It includes images of fish, shellfish, and marine mammals, pictures of fish hatcheries and dams and vessels, materials related to polar exploration, regional and traditional fisheries, and limnological (freshwater) subjects. Its scope is global.
- Google Directory - Biology
Biological science resources
- Great Lakes Information Network
The Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN) is a partnership that provides one place online for people to find information relating to the binational Great Lakes-St. Lawrence region of North America. GLIN offers a wealth of data and information about the region`s environment, economy, tourism, education and more.
- Human Genome Project Information
U.S Department of Energy, the NIH and worldwide Human Genome Project
- Illinois State Academy of Science
- Integrity in Science Project
- MEDLINE Plus Health Information
Information on over 650 diseases and conditions, lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia and a medical dictionary, health information in Spanish, and extensive information on prescription and nonprescription drugs.
- National Agricultural Statistics Service (USDA)
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- National Biological Service
- National Science Foundation
- Nature Serve- An Online Encyclopedia of Life
- Ocean Data Viewer
The purpose of this Ocean Data Viewer is to provide an overview and access to a range of data, and relevant conventions, which are available to help inform decisions that are important for the conservation of marine and coastal biodiversity. Use Mozilla Firefox browser to display properly.
- Phi Sigma Biological Sciences Honor Society
- PLANTS database
Provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
- Transgenic Crops: an introduction and resource guide
- Undergraduate Biology Education
Resource Listing of undergraduate biology education
- Virtual Library BioSciences
- Virtual Library of Botany
- Virtual Library: Model Organisms
Catalog of internet resources relating to biological model organisms