- Biological Sciences
- Comm. Disorders
- Communication Studies
- Ethnic/Gender Studies
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Kinesiology & Sports Studies
- Library Science
- Math/Computer Science
- Political Science
- Renewable Energy
- Social Sciences
Almanacs, Directories and Facts
- Acronym Finder
- CIA World Factbook
- Common Weights and Measures
- Information Please Almanac
- Telephone Directories
Links to several directories for locating phone numbers.
- Universal Currency Converter
- Zip Code Look-up
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Profiles of hundreds of occupations that describe What They Do, Work Environment, How to Become One, Pay, and more.
College, Universities, and Higher Education
- College and University Homepages
- Peterson's Guide to Undergraduate and Graduate Colleges and Universities
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
Over 90,000 entries feature 10,000 new words and senses, 70,000 audio word pronunciations, 900 full-page color illustrations, language notes and word-root appendixes
- Biography: A Biographical Dictionary
- Dictionary of Measures, Units and Conversions
- Merriam Webster Online
- OneLook Dictionaries
- Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- WordReference Dictionaries
Translation dictionaries for Spanish, French, Italian German and Russian.
Offers definitions, thesaurus entries, pronunciation and etymology. Has links to other languages.
- Global Gateway: World Culture & Resources
Gateway to Library of Congress` international digital resources
- Illinois Administrative Code
- Illinois Legal Aid Online
Access to Illinois legal information and forms. Content is geographically specific. Some features work best in Internet Explorer.
- Everything International
- Historical Census Browser
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
- United Nations Global Statistics
- United States Census Bureau
- World Population Clock
- American Heritage Book of English Usage
With a detailed look at grammar, style, diction, word formation, gender, social groups and scientific forms, this valuable reference work is ideal for students, writers, academicians and anybody concerned about proper writing style.
- American Institute of Physics Style Manual
Guidance in writing, editing, and preparing physics manuscripts for publication.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide
- APA Style Citations
- ASA Style
- Chicago / Turabian Style
- Citing Electronic Information
- CrossRef DOI Lookup
- LexisNexis: Citing References
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide
- MLA Style Citations
Thesauri and Quotes
- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations
This is the original 1901 edition
- Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus
Containing 35,000 synonyms in an easy-to-use format, this thesaurus features succinct word definitions and an innovative hyperlinked category index by the editors of the American Heritage® Dictionary.
- Roget's Thesaurus