"My Account" Help
The I-Share Catalog is used to search for and request items from 85 CARLI libraries (including EIU) in Illinois. The EIU Library Catalog, which is part of the I-Share system, contains records for the one million-plus items held by Booth Library.
You can search either catalog any time without logging in. However, several features of the system require that you have an account. These include:
- requesting items through I-Share
- viewing a list of items you have checked out
- renewing items online
- checking on the status of items you have requested through I-Share
- creating an annotated, retrievable list of "favorites"
Creating an account is a simple one-time process, illustrated below. More information on creating an account is available in the Login FAQ.
Creating an Account
1. Click the "Login" button
2. Click "Create New Account"
3. Enter your information
- Your e-mail address is needed so that you can reset your password if it is lost.
- You may select any user name you desire. However, usernames must be unique in the I-Share system. If your first choice is not available, try adding a number or punctuation mark. For example, if jsmith is not available, try john.smith or jsmith1992.
- There are no requirements for password complexity or length. Complex passwords are recommended to protect your privacy, but are not required
- Your Borrower ID is located in the lower right corner of your Panther Card or Continuing Education ID card. Enter 14 digits, no spaces.
- Select Eastern Illinois University as your I-Share affiliated library.