About Your Library Number
Your Library Number is a 14-digit number which is found in the lower right corner of your Panther Card (on-campus students) and Student ID card (continuing education students).
Your library number is a unique identifier that gives you access to Interlibrary Loan services at the library and connects you to your personal library account.
How do I find my library number?
- Look for your library number on your student ID card (Panther ID card or Continuing Education ID card).
- Use the Find my ID number form. You will be asked to enter your E-number and Last Name.
How do I get a Panther Card?
Visit the Panther Card Office located in the Student Services Building or call them at 581-6596. All on-campus students, staff, and faculty are expected to obtain a Panther Card.
How do I get a student I.D. card if I am a continuing education student?
Request a card from the School of Continuing Education. This card contains the library number. Your library number entitles you to:
- Set up the "My Account" feature in the EIU Online Catalog and I-Share
- Check out materials at a distance and have them sent to your home or office (if outside Coles County)
- Interlibrary loan services (request materials from other libraries)
- Check out materials in person at Booth Library and 86 other academic libraries in Illinois. An additional photo ID is required for this.
- Check out materials from MyMediaMall
What if the number on my Panther Card or student I.D. card for continuing education students doesn’t work when I try to access My Account in the EIU Online Catalog?
If the number on the card is not yet active, call the library’s Circulation Services at 217-581-6071 to have it activated.
Can I use my library number during the summer?
You may use your library number as long as you have registered for an upcoming semester (e.g. Fall semester).
What do I do if I lose my Panther Card or my student I.D. card for continuing education students? Can I still use the library?
First, you should immediately notify the Panther Card Office located in the Student Services Building (217-581-6596) in addition to reporting it to the library’s Circulation Services (581-6071) in order to prevent misuse of your card by someone else.
Can I obtain both a Panther Card and a student ID card for continuing education students?
No. If you already
have an active Panther Card, you may not request a Continuing Education
student ID Card. Either card gives you full access to library services;
however, the Panther Card also provides access to many other functions
on campus. Note: When continuing education students apply for a Panther
Card in person at the Panther Card Office, their student I.D. card for
continuing education students will be deactivated.
If you have further questions, call 217-581-6072 or use the Ask A Librarian service to send your question via e-mail.