To access these digital materials you need...
- A valid EIU Panther Card or Booth Library Patron Card
- Internet access
- Computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type(s) of digital materials you wish to check out
- Free software for the computer or device on which you wish to use the materials available at this site
Step 1 - Download and install free software
You will need to download and install free software that allows you to open the different type(s) of materials you borrow from MyMediaMall. Select the software that corresponds to the type(s) of media you want to download. You may download all the software below for free.
To download OverDrive titles, you need OverDrive Media Console.
The OverDrive Media Console is available for...
- Android v1.5 (or newer)
- BlackBerry v4.5 (or newer)
- iPhone© OS v3.1.3 (or newer)
- Mac OS© v10.4.9 (or newer)
- Windows© 98 SE (or newer)
- Windows Mobile© 5 and 6
Step 2 - Activate the software
After you have installed the software that you downloaded, you need to take steps to activate the software before downloading digital materials.
Adobe Digital Editions requires activation.
Adobe Digital Editions can be activated anonymously or by using an Adobe ID.
*Anonymous activation allows you to download and read DRM-protected eBooks on a single computer only.
*Activating using an Adobe ID allows you to download and read DRM-protected eBooks on multiple computers and transfer them to supported eBook devices.
OverDrive Media Console for Windows requires a security upgrade.
OverDrive Media Console for Windows utilizes Windows Media© Player 9 Series (or newer) to play DRM-protected files. The first time that Windows Media Player attempts to open a DRM-protected file, it will alert you that a security upgrade must be performed before the file can be opened. The upgrade takes just a few moments. Only OverDrive Media Console for Windows requires a security upgrade. All other versions of OverDrive Media Console do not require security upgrades.
Step 3 - Check out, download, and enjoy
Browse or search this site for downloadable materials. When you locate a title of interest, add it to the cart and check out the title. Once you have checked out a title, a download page is displayed. Click the 'Download' link to start the download. Once the download is complete, open and enjoy the title. You will never accrue late fees with titles you download from this website. At the end of the loan period, titles will expire and be automatically 'returned' to the library. At this time, you can delete the expired file(s) from your computer. Once deleted from your device, there is no other action required.
Explore your options...
- Search for digital materials using a variety of criteria on the advanced search page. To go to the advanced search page, click here.
- Take digital materials with you on-the-go. Many (but not all) audio titles can be burned to CD, and most audio titles can be transferred to supported portable devices.
- If you come across a title that you are interested in checking out, you can add it to your 'Wish List'.
- If a desired title is not available, you can place it on hold.